Moving into a new home can be one of the most exciting parts of owning it. By creating and preparing a “Move-In Checklist”, you can make sure that all your important tasks are finished before you unpack your first box!
Things To Do After You Move:
- Secure Your Home
- Change house locks
- Update garage codes
- Get a security system installed
- Set up safety measures for kids and pets
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and HVAC system
- Transfer/Connect the Utilities
- Set Up Connectivity (TV, Internet, and Phone)
- Schedule a Deep Clean
- Purchase or Review Your Home Warranty
- Update Your Address
- Forward your mail
- Change your address on your license, credit cards, etc.
- Apply for Property Tax Homestead Exemption (if available)
- Make Your First Payment
- Throw a Housewarming Party
- Refer Your Friends to Your Favorite Loan Originator
Finally, after you close your home loan, you might get lots of calls and mail about home services. Some of these offers might sound too good to be true or even like scams. It’s important to be careful and do your research before signing up for anything. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and shop around for the best deals. Remember, it’s your home and your money, so take the time to make smart choices.
Are you ready to learn more or get started on your home ownership journey? Reach out to a loan officer in your area today!